Please Select your Vehicle, Year and Engine in the drop down boxes before adding to your cart.
The Secondary Air Injection System Bypass Kit - Plug and Play!
The Hewitt-Tech SAIS Bypass Kit Plug and Play prevents operation of the SAIS at cold start thus letting you clear your related trouble codes, the CEL and Limp mode with installation made easy. Click on images for more details!
This is the bypass kit we recommend for most customers! If you don't want to splice or tap into your factory harness these kits are for you!
This Plug In version of the SAIS Bypass kit offers all the same features and benefits of the Wired Version but with super quick and labor saving Plug and Play Installation. All wiring connections except the starter relay connection are accomplished by the Plug and Play harness. Detailed and illustrated Installation Instructions are easy to follow and include all details for each component of the Bypass Kit. Like the wired version, these kits prevent operation of the secondary air injection system at cold start. By preventing the SAIS from operating many of the trouble codes, CEL and Limp mode that are associated with a SAIS failure will not return once cleared. The Plug and Play Harness provides a very clean factory looking installation that allows for the bypass module to still be hidden out of plain sight.
Here are the Common Trouble codes that the Standard Bpyass Kit can illiminate:P1441, P1442, P1444, P1445, P2440, P2441, P2442, P2443, P2445*, P2447
For more information on trouble codes that Can and Cannot be cleared with the bypass kit alone... Please check our Trouble Codes Section and review the installation instructions.
The Plug In Kit Includes:
- 1 x SAIS Bypass Module - Harnessed Plug In Connection
- 1 x Pair of Exhaust Valve No.2 Block Off Plates - Engine Specific (may be different than shown)
- 1 x 10' Piece of Violet 20 AWG TXL - Starter Relay Connection Wire
- 1 x Printed Copy - Detailed Bypass Module Installation Instructions
- 1 x Printed Copy - Block Off Plate Instructions - Engine Specific
- Weatherproof connectors for Plug and Play convenience without the need to alter your factory wiring!
- Black Poly Split Loom harness built with 3m™ Super 88+ Tape - Flame Resistant
- Custom Made Compact Solid State Electronic Module
- 4cm x 4cm x 1.4cm Black Duroplastic High Temp Enclosure - UL 94 V-0 Flame Resistance
- High Quality Automotive Engine Compartment Grade TXL Wiring
- The starter relay connection is an option ONLY available on The Original SAIS Bypass Modules.
- 3M™ Automotive Acrylic Double Sided Tape for mounting
- Black Epoxy Potted for environmental and shock protection
- Assembled 100% by hand in the USA!
- For use on Off-Road, Racing or other emissions exempt vehicles only.
- 16 gauge (1/16 inch) 316 Stainless Steel Block Off Plate Construction For Lifetime Use
- Water Jet Cut for Precision and Smoother Edges, Guaranteed to Fit Your Engine
More About the SAIS Bypass Kit
The bypass module is activated when the ignition is first switched to "ON" and any time it detects a 4-12V signal on the starter relay wire. The starter relay option is only available on the Hewitt-Tech SAIS Bypass Modules! This option, when connected, ensures that the module actively prevents the SAIS from running on EVERY start. With the starter relay wire connected you can turn the ignition to "ON" for any period of time and the module will be active as soon as you crank the engine. Without the starter relay wire connection you would need to turn the ignition back "Off" and then crank the vehicle to ensure the module is active or the system could operate and cause trouble codes and the CEL to come back on. Just install the kit with the starter relay wire connection and don't worry about having to start the engine as soon as you turn the key on! If anyone else drives the vehicle this is a Must!
The included No.2 Exhaust Valve Block-off Plates are an integral part of the bypass kit (images may not match the plates you receive for your specific engine). The block off plates are the only way to isolate the exhaust valves and the related pressure sensor(s) from the exhaust. By completely isolating the system from the exhaust the pressure sensors are prevented from causing valve stuck open trouble codes which are the main cause of limp mode when this system fails. Even though a system is bypassed and should never run again, the Exhaust No.2 valves can still leak exhaust and cause future trouble. Installing the block off plates is the only way to prevent future valve trouble and limp mode. Again, it is just best to install and forget about it.