Please Select your Vehicle, Year and Engine in the drop down boxes before adding to your cart.
This kit must be carefully wired directly into the MAF sensor wiring. If you feel you cannot perform a professional grade installation, please consider our Plug and Play kit instead. We do not cover improper installation by our limited lifetime warranty and no returns are accepted once installation has been attempted.
The Hewitt-Tech Secondary Air Injection System Bypass Kit - Wired
The Hewitt-Tech SAIS Bypass kit prevents operation of the SAIS at cold start thus letting you clear your related trouble codes, the CEL and Limp mode. Installs by wiring directly into the IAT/MAF Sensor harness. Click image for more details!
This is the Hewitt-Tech SAIS Bypass Kit. These kits prevent operation of the secondary air injection system at cold start. By preventing the SAIS from operating many of the trouble codes, CEL and Limp mode that are associated with a SAIS failure will not return once cleared. This wired version of the bypass kit installs very easily by tapping directly into the factory IAT/MAF Sensor harness. Detailed Installation Instructions are easy to follow and include all needed wire colors and an easy to read wire diagram for proper installation. For those that prefer a more professional and discreet looking installation this easy 6 wire hookup allows the bypass kit to look like it belongs in the engine compartment while being more affordable than our Plug In Version.
Here are the Common Trouble codes that the Standard Bpyass Kit can illiminate: P1441, P1442, P1444, P1445, P2440, P2441, P2442, P2443, P2445*, P2447
Recommended as a Plug in Version! Click Here: Plug In Version
The Wired Kit Includes:
- 1 x SAIS Bypass Module - Wired In Connection
- 1 x Pair of Exhaust Valve No.2 Block Off Plates - Engine Specific (may be different than shown)
- 1 x 10' Piece of Violet 20 AWG TXL - Starter Relay Connection Wire
- 1 x Printed Copy - Detailed Bypass Module Installation Instructions
- 1 x Printed Copy - Block Off Plate Instructions - Engine Specific
- Easy wire in connections with wiring schematic.
- Custom Made Compact Solid State Electronic Module
- 4cm x 4cm x 1.4cm Black Duroplastic High Temp Enclosure - UL 94 V-0 Flame Resistance
- High Quality Automotive Engine Compartment Grade TXL Wiring
- The starter relay connection is an option ONLY available on The Original SAIS Bypass Modules.
- 3M™ Automotive Acrylic Double Sided Tape for mounting
- Black Epoxy Potted for environmental and shock protection
- Simple 4 wire hookup
- Assembled 100% by hand in the USA!
- For use on Off-Road, Racing or other emissions exempt vehicles only.
- 16 gauge (1/16 inch) 316 Stainless Steel Block Off Plate Construction For Lifetime Use
- Water Jet Cut for Precision and Smoother Edges, Guaranteed to Fit Your Engine
More About the SAIS Bypass Kit
The bypass module is activated when the ignition is first switched to "ON" and any time it detects a 4-12V signal on the starter relay wire. The starter relay option is only available on the Original SAIS Bypass Modules! This option, when connected, ensures that the module actively prevents the SAIS from running on EVERY start. With the starter relay wire connected you can turn the ignition to "ON" for any period of time and the module will be active as soon as you crank the engine. Without the starter relay wire connection, you would need to turn the igintion back "Off" and then crank the vehicle to ensure the module is active or the system could operate and cause trouble codes and the CEL to come back on. Just install the kit with the starter relay wire connection and don't worry about having to start the engine as soon as you turn the key on! If anyone else drives the vehicle this is a Must!
The included No.2 Exhaust Valve Block-off Plates are an integral part of the bypass kit (images may not match the plates you receive for your specific engine). The block off plates are the only way to isolate the exhaust valves and the related pressure sensor(s) from the exhaust. By completely isolating the system from the exhaust the pressure sensors are prevented from causing valve stuck open trouble codes which are the main cause of limp mode when this system fails. Even though a system is bypass and should never run again, the Exhaust No.2 valves can still leak exhaust and cause future trouble. Installing the block off plates is the only way to prevent future valve trouble and limp mode. Again, it is just best to install and forget about it.
Not Sure What You Need?